Skip to main content

How Digital Extremes gave Warframe a New Life

Lately, I have been playing a lot of Warframe. I have seen it before back in 2013 and was fascinated by it. I didn't have the chance to play it though.
Warframe
Warframe



Warframe is a free-to-play third-person shooter/role-playing game for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One. I, for one, play on PC. Most people think that all of the free-to-play game is pay-to-win. Warframe is not.
My very first maxed out Warframe, Volt
My very first maxed-out Warframe, Volt

Warframe has a very steep learning curve, with no spoon-feeding tutorials whatsoever. If you plan to play Warframe for a long time, you should rely on the Warframe Wiki, the Warframe community on social media sites, and the different ultimate beginner's video guides on YouTube. The different aspects of the game such as mods, mission types, crafting, syndicates, and more are better learned on your own time and I highly suggest not rushing it.
Landing at Larunda Relay
Landing at Larunda Relay

Digital Extremes took the free-to-play model, flipped, and reversed it. Yes, you can buy Warframes, weapons, and more with the premium currency called Platinum but you can also get those items through grinding. Grinding, for me, is the most fun part of the experience. I already have my second Warframe ready for crafting, Rhino, in my Foundry and I got it through drops.
The Warframe community is laid back and helpful
The Warframe community is laid back and helpful

I have already maxed out my starting Warframe, Volt, and I am just studying how to properly use mods. Thankfully, the community, wiki and YouTube videos are all helpful so I am starting to grasp some of the nuances of the game. The Warframe Philippine community is one of the most helpful and newbie friendly communities unlike some other gaming community *ehem* League of Legends *ehem* DotA.
This is free-to-play with content worth more than a USD 60 game
This is free-to-play with content worth more than a USD 60 game

Digital Extremes recently held a Twitch live stream during their Tennocon event where they gave an Ash Prime Warframe for free for those who watched the live stream. However, the server cannot handle the traffic this got and some people cannot watch the live stream.
Plains of Eidolon looks sick at 1080p
Plains of Eidolon looks sick at 1080p

The most game developer will just give those who were able to connect the freebie but Digital Extremes, well they are different. They gave everyone who logged on to Warframe 7 days prior to the live stream a free Ash Prime. Yes, everyone! Unfortunately, I could not log on before the live stream so I did not get one but kudos to Digital Extremes for that.

Digital Extremes is continuing to create expansions and content for the game and it makes us players proud of them. They do not shove advertisements to buy Platinum every time you log in and that is unheard of for a free-to-play game. For them, buying Platinum is an option for the player but is not a requirement to enjoy the game.

I am now part of the great Warframe community and I hope we continue supporting the developers to continue the ball rolling. Check the game out at https://www.warframe.com/.

Comments

  1. We are the same color of Warframe haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Watch out for more Warframe related content! Thank you, Tenno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Video Games

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PLDT Home Fibr and Smart Supports ESGS 2018

The biggest gaming convention in the Philippines, ESGS 2018, is slated this October. They partner up with PLDT Home Fibr and Smart for a seamless connection. ESGS 2018 is backed by PLDT Home Fibr and Smart

PlayStation Experience 2018 SEA will be held at Bangkok, Thailand

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hongkong Ltd., Singapore Branch announced that the PlayStaion Experience 2018 SEA will be held in Bangkok, Thailand. PlayStation Experience 2018 SEA at Bangkok, Thailand